Monday, April 23, 2007

My Starting Stats to Measure Progress

I am trying to look at and analyze everything I can think of so I can fully compare where I am at later on the road to where I am at now. All of this information is current as of April 23, 2007.

Weight: 157.5 lbs

Complexion: Very pale and sickly looking.

Skin: Very dry, not smooth at all.

Bowel Movements: This is pretty embarassing to write about, but for the past three months I have had blood in my stool. I also do not have bowel movements regularly, if I am lucky I will have a movement once a day. This concerns me because my grandmother died of Colon Cancer and my mother currently suffers from Crohn's disease. I feel as though I am headed down the exact same path.

Eyes: My eyes are certainly lacking any brightness. The whites of my eyes don't even seem to be very white. I hope this will change quickly.

Hair: Very dry, not shiny in the least.

Teeth & Gums: I am having a pretty bad problem with receeding gums. I have not been to the dentist for it because I cannot seem to get enough money put together to afford a visit.

Physical Wellbeing: Tired all the time, very little energy. I want to take naps all the time and cannot understand why I don't have the energy to get out of the house and do anything. I think I may have chronic fatigue syndrome.

Example Day of My Old Diet
Breakfast: Cereal with Soy Milk
Lunch: Bean & Cheese Burritos
Dinner: Pasta with Breadsticks
Snacks: Random bowls of cereal, I love cereal and used it as a snack all the time.

Current Exercise Habits:
I can't really put anything here because I don't do anything active besides take care of the kids. I don't do any exercise at all and spend most of my time sitting at the computer. I really want to start being active, but have never felt the energy to do so.

The "Official" Before Picture:

I took a before picture of myself and am pretty scared to add it to the blog yet because it looks pretty dang bad. I am tempted to hold on to it and wait until I can at least post a half way decent progress picture showing a difference.

Looking over all my stats I realize that I am in very bad shape. Good thing I am chaning the way I going to live my life now. If I went too much longer eating the way I have been eating I am sure I would be facing some serious health issues (especially in my colon).

1 Comment:

Becca Campbell said...

Yay! I'm excited to keep track of your progress and move right along with you. I have been mostly raw for several months, but a recent candida flare up and the desire to have a raw pregnancy and raw children has inspired me to go 100%. Good for you!