Monday, April 23, 2007

Raw Food Diet Diary Day 1- April 23, 2007

I got up this morning and realized that the only fruit I have in the house is one bunch of banannas. That doesn't give me a very good start to work with, but I will do what I can with it until I can get to the grocery store.

7:00 AM-
Made a smoothie of Bananas, 2 tbsp of wheatgrass powder and 1 tbsp of maca root powder.It doesn't taste too bad actually. Since I am pregnant, I wanted to make sure I got enough nutrients in my diet.

10:00 AM- Went the the doctor for my pregnancy check up. Everything looks fine as far as progression and how the baby is doing. The nurse checked my blood pressure and it is currently at: 116/63. After the doctor's visit I went to the grocery store and got myself some fruit.

I really wish I could have gotten the organic produce, but sadly my food budget can't stretch that far. Hopefully someday in the near future I can afford to start buying organic.

11:00 AM- Was super hungery by the time I got home so I had a pear to tide me over until lunch time.

12:30 PM-
I had a huge smoothie of Banannas and Pumpkin Seed Butter. It was very filling and is great at curbing my cravings for something heavy.

1:45 PM- Feeling very tired and have a backache. Could detox symptoms be hitting me already? Seems pretty fast.

2:30 PM- Had a P&B Shake to help cleanse and heal my colon. If you don't know what a P&B shake is, read up on it here.

4:30 PM- Granny smith apple

5:30 PM- Smoothie of 4 Banannas, 2 Oranges, 2 tablespoons of wheatgrass powder and 1 tablespoon of maca root.

Overall I am very suprised I was able to go an entire day on 100% raw foods. Now I just need concentrate on getting through tommorrow and the next day. I admit that I am having some cravings for other cooked foods. I just need to reassure myself that I am getting sufficient nutrition from the foods that I have eaten today. The cravings I am experiencing are appetite, not true hunger. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference because I have been so used to giving into what ever my appetite wants.

There is one book that I really want to get written by Victoria Boutenko that I have heard a lot of really great things about. It is about what I am struggling with the most: my emotional dependency to food. It is called "12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Food"