Tuesday, April 24, 2007

All About Me

My name is Amy Bass and I am a stay-at-home mother for 3 kids. I am due with baby #4 on July 07, 2007.

The picture to the left is a family photo from september 2005, so it is not very recent. I included it so you could at least get a vauge idea of what I look like.

I started my Raw Food journey in order to achieve perfect health and reach my full potential. I am blogging to give myself accountability to others for my eating habits. This will help me to stay focused and motivated.

My husband is currently in the Army, but is being discharged this July due to being diagnosed with Epilepsy (major seizures).

I have known about the raw food diet since 2001 and have never been able to fully commit to it. That is why I developed my own personal 100/7 raw food diet plan so I could finally make the plunge and not worry about missing my old foods anymore.

I look forward to being able to help out others as I progress on my journey towards health. I am always open to comments and suggestions from people on how I can improve.

As you can tell, health is my passion. I love to read and study everything I can on the subject. My dream is to eventually become a natural health counselor and be able to help people without charge.

I look forward to sharing my ups and downs along my path to health. I am learning a lot of new things as I go along.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to come to my blog and take part in my journey.

3 Comments:

B Jensen said...

hi amy its bree!!! I found your blog through and email your mom sent me. Congrats on baby four!! how do you do it?? i have so much going on with just reese. anyways email me at breejensen@hotmail.com i would love to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

I just found your site as I searched for information on cashcrate.com.

Sorry to hear about your husbands seizures. I applaude you for making such an effort to earn the money you need to assist your family. I don't know how you do it with three young ones but you must be organized.

Like you I am very much a proponent of natural health. I am currently treating my condition naturally and I look forward to communicating with you and maybe exchanging ideas. There is a lot to learn about natural health alternatives but I am excited as I am also about to start a class and become certified as a Herbalist.

Regarding the seizures, you may want to learn about Mangosteen Juice and have your husband try it. I am using it for my situation and I am excited about the scientific studies on it. If you wish to learn more you can email me at whybhurtin@gmail.com.

After reading your blog, I believe I would like to join you on cashcrate because I really want to support other mothers and fathers who have chosen to stay home and raise their kids. You are giving a lot by sharing your knowledge about health and I appreciate that. Contact me as soon as you can.

All the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!
I am desperately trying to get pregnant and have been for about 8 months. I am taking maca root (about 4 months) and nothing yet but still keeping positive. I am vegetarian and eat healthy and naturally 98% of the time. I have 2 questions;
1. Do you have a good site to recommend to get started on a raw diet like yours?
2. Would you recommend this during pregnancy? What sources of protein do you rely on?
Wishing you all the best.
Care