Monday, April 30, 2007

End of Week 1 Results

Wow it has been an entire week of the raw food diet already. It has gone by really fast and was actually a lot easier than I was expecting it to be.

Weight: 153 lbs (4.5 lbs less)- I am not trying to lose weight during my raw food journey right now because I am pregnant. That being said, I do think that some weight loss may be necessary from my body because it is getting rid of built up toxins and also water weight, which do take off some pounds. I am working hard to maintain proper calories and nutrients to sustain myself and my growing child.

Complexion: My complexion has gotten much clearer and it has a nice glow. I am really enjoying the changes in the way my face looks.

Skin: I am not having as much trouble with dry skin as I was in the past. My skin seems to naturally moisturize itself.

Bowel Movements: I am still having blood in my bowel movements. I didn't expect this issue to be healed after only a week so I am not too worried about it. I am confident it will be gone over the next few weeks.

Eyes: The whites of my eyes have gotten noticeably whiter.

Hair: Still a bit dry, but I wasn't expecting a one week miracle for this either. It is hard to judge by hair that had already grown in. I look forward to seeing how my new hair comes in. I am getting some organic shampoo and conditioner to help soften what I have and to keep what grows in soft and shiny.

Teeth & Gums: I haven't seen any noticeable changes in this department yet.

Physical Wellbeing: I have noticed an increase in my energy levels as well as an upliftment of my mood.

Overall I am very pleased with my results after just one week. I see a huge difference in my body when I look in the mirror. My ankles are no longer swollen and I am not retaining water like I used to.

Advertisement

Natural Hair Care...pure organic aromatherapy shampoos and conditioners -- no alcohol, detergents or sulfates...only at Florapathics.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!
It sounds like you are doing great so far! I am glad there are improvements and I hope you get much much more benefits from the raw lifestyle! I know you will!

xxpeisinoe (from the raw food forum)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog! The diet will be terrific for your pregnancy. I am interested in checking your diary from time to time to see the health improvements.