Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Raw Food Diet Diary Day 9- May 1, 2007

The picture on the left is of my two oldest children.

7:45 AM- Had a master cleanse drink. These taste so good, I am so glad I made some this morning.

For the past 3 nights in a row I have been having very disturbing dreams. I wonder if this is part of my emotional detox. I figure these are fears and concerns that have been harbored inside my body and they are trying to be released and cleaned out.

9:00 AM-
Worked out for 20 minutes on my Stamina Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike then snacked on an apple.

12:00 PM- Drank another master cleanse drink. While I was drinking it I was online shopping for some more variety to add to my diet. I ordered:

Organic Sun-Dried Raisins (Been craving these for some reason.)

Sun Dried Authentic Tibetan Goji Berries (Wonderful super food.)

Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chocolate Powder (Raw chocolate is actually a health food! I plan to use this with frozen bananas to make my own raw chocolate "ice cream".)

2:30 PM- Made a smoothie out of 3 bananas, 2 oranges, pineapple, 3 tablespoons of wheatgrass powder, 1 tablespoon of alfalfa powder and 1 tablespoon of maca root.

Putting my greens in a smoothie is the only way I could ever consume this much. I used to be a big salad eater, but that was because I would put tons of ranch dressing and crutons on it. Without the dressings, I am no longer a big fan of salads. Green smoothies are a great way for me to ensure I am getting enough greens in my diet.

6:00 PM- I finally found a way to enjoy eating salad! My husband and I are devouring a salad that he made of lettuce, tomatoes, peas, mushrooms, avocado, minced garlic and a small touch of italian dressing. It is so good! Following the salad I had 1 piece of sprouted bread with a brucschetta spread. I feel so satisfied, this is better than going out to dinner!

Today has been great for me as far as diet goes. This is certainly something I can do long term without any complaints. After eating dinner I felt as though I literally ate at my favorite resturant (olive garden). It was fantasitc and I look forward to eating that meal on a regular basis.

I ordered a lot of food today and last night so we should be well stocked up once everything arrives. It will be nice to enjoy the added variety the new foods will bring to my diet. It will keep me from getting bored, which I have been struggling with the past few days. I look forward to seeing where this diet takes me next.

Free Shipping on all Orders Over $150.00 at House of Nutrition

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Amy - Please don't think I am trying to give you a hard time by asking this - honestly - I applaud you on all you are doing for your health. I am still curious about the tanning bed. I understand the importance of sunlight but where is the science that equates sunlight to tanning beds? (Spoken with no hostility whatsoever)

Amy Bass said...

There is no science I know of that says tanning beds are the same as sunlight. I am using a tanning bed sparingly in order to get some UV rays and color on my skin. I am not advocating tanning beds to be super healthy, but I don't think they are dangerous when used in moderation.