Friday, May 4, 2007

Raw Food Diet Diary Day 12- May 4, 2007

7:30 PM- I am still suffering from slight heartburn because I was lazy last night and used canned tomato sauce at dinner. I certainly learned my lesson on that one.

I wanted to get my greens done with early in the day so I had a smoothie of 2 bananas, 2 oranges, 3 tablespoons of wheatgrass powder, 1 tablespoon of alfalfa powder and 1 tablespoon of maca root. The green smoothie gave me immediate relief from the heartburn I was experiencing.

11:30 AM- Had a banana and pumpkin seed butter smoothie.

My husband and I were looking at our budget and discovered that we cannot afford to both continue eating a raw food diet. So he is going off the diet so I can stay on it. We never realized how much money it adds up to be when you have to buy fresh produce, organic spouted breads, and other things that raw foodists eat. I wish we could afford to both eat this way, hopefully someday in the future he will be able to join me on this journey again.

I really cannot technically afford to eat this way either, but we are willing to sacrifice pretty much everything else in order to make it happen.

2:30 PM- Enjoyed some bagged salad mix with tomato and italian dressing. As I look at the costs of a raw food diet compared to an unhealty one, I realize that although it costs more up front for food, you save a lot of money in the long run on medical expenses.

5:45 PM- Made another pizza, this time no canned tomato sauce. I made it out of a sprouted wheat crust, with raw tomato sauce and mushrooms. It was much better than the one I made yesterday. I wish I had some ripe avocados because I could have used one to make my sauce creamy.

Its been a good day as far as my diet goes. I wish my husband was able to still join me on the diet. He did find himself overeating on cooked foods today once he started eating them. I am sure he will not be happy with how he feels in the morning.

For the sake of making it easier on myself and probably others, I am just going to publish my food diary at the end of each day. So if you don't see my new day's diary throughout that day, know it will be there after I eat dinner.

8:00 PM- Suffering from really bad heartburn again. I don't think it was the pizza because I started feeling it before I even ate any. I keep burping up acid into my throat, which feels terrible. I wonder what is causing this?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Amy thats a bummer about you both not being able to continue ... just keep on trying to find deals and stuff untill youre in a better situation

take care - Jgunn

Anonymous said...

im sorry you an yer hubby cant both continue on the raw path , its really sad when the best foods for us are priced out of range when its so easy to eat sickly and sad