Thursday, April 26, 2007

Raw Food Diet Diary Day 4- April 26, 2007

8:00 AM- I got up feeling quite refreshed. I decided to get on the scale and see if there was any difference, although this is not my "official" weigh-in. I dropped from 157.5 on monday to 154.5 today. That is 3 lbs from 3 days of Raw Foods. I am certain I will not keep with this pace. It is most likely from junk sitting in my intestines that I had been having trouble getting out. It is nice to know that there is 3lbs of toxins that my body has cleared out already.

8:30 AM- Had a Master Cleanse drink for breakfast. I really like how cleansing they feel in the morning. They get to the point that they become addicting cause they taste so good.

9:30 AM- Had an Apple Cider Vinegar drink. Made of 1 tablespoon Bragg's Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 tablespoon of Organic Grade B Maple Syrup, mixed up in a tall glass of water. I wrote up a post about the benefits of apple cider vinegar drinks here.

11:15 AM- I made a smoothie of 3 bananas, 2 oranges, 3 tbsp wheatgrass powder and 1 tbsp maca root powder. I drink these to make sure I get enough nutrients and minerals for my growing unborn baby. Next time I go to the store I am going to pick up some avocados to get more fats because I want my little one to have a good amount of "baby fat" when he is born.

12:45 PM- Had a granny smith apple. I always seem to eat either an apple or a pear as my daily snack. I really need to order and buy some different varieties of raw foods because I don't want my diet to get too boring.

2:45 PM- Smoothie time again! This time I made it a bit different. I have 3 bananas, 1 tablespoon of wheatgrass powder and 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds. I wanted to change things up a bit from my usual pumpkin seed butter smoothies. I do enjoy the taste of pumpkin seed butter over the hemp, however I do need to throw some of this in every once in a while since hemp seeds are so high in Omega 3 fatty acids.


3:30 PM- Wanted to chime in and say that I am not feeling very well. Ever since I had the hemp seed smoothie I haven't felt right. I am not sure if it is detox or if it has something to do with the seeds. I guess only trial and error will tell. If I feel this way after another hemp seed butter smoothie in a few days, I will be able to make the connection.

5:00 PM- Feeling 100% better now. I don't think the hemp seeds were the problem, it was that I overate. I was way too stuffed from that huge smoothie that it was causing me indigestion.

I went tanning today for 7 minutes. I have been so pale lately and desperatley want to get some color on my skin. I think I will continue to tan for a while on a regular basis because it really helps me to feel better about myself.

6:00 PM- I drank a P&B shake to help soothe and cleanse my colon. I really want to get my colon issues cleared up because they really scare me. Having blood in my bowel movements for the past 3 months cannot be a good thing.

Today is a big deal for me as far as eating raw foods because this is the day I had always quit on in the past. I have tried going "raw foodist" several times since 2001 and always quit before the end of day 4. As of tommorrow this will be the longest I have ever been 100% successful. I am taking this little moment to celebrate.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Ok....I am going to start this with you on a slow basis. I did have raisin bran for breakfast, but I am now drinking some grape juice and have some apple slices for my afternoon snack. aj

Anonymous said...

I am going to do it. I am now on fruit and good carbs. I have some apple slices and wheat thins to snack on. Drinking organic grape juice. aj

Anonymous said...

losing weight while pregnant is not a good idea.