Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Raw Food Diet Diary Day 3- April 25, 2007


6:30 AM- My 2-year-old son (his picture on the left) woke me up a lot earlier than I wanted to. So I am feeling a little bit groggy this morning. I no longer have the headache or nausea that I had last night, so that is a big plus.

7:30 AM- Enjoyed a refreshing Master Cleanse drink. I made it extra spicy to help break up the mucus in my body.

9:30 AM- I am experiencing absolutley no hunger so I decided to take advantage of that by having a P&B (psyllium & bentonite) shake. I can't eat for at least an hour before and after having the drink so this works out perfectly.

11:30 AM- A nice plate full of red grapes. I am starting to get those doubts that come to my mind when I want to rationalize myself out of being healthy. I keep thinking "Do you really want to give up going out to Olive Garden?" Which of course is my favorite resturant. "Do you really want to deprive yourself of cooked foods?" Then I start thinking about family gatherings and get togethers for holidays. Way too many family gatherings are based around food. I am struggling with these questions today. I know the right answer is to keep eating raw, my thoughts and doubts are trying to get in the way of my progression.

1:00 PM- Had a bad sugar headache from all the grapes I ate earlier. So I made a smoothie of 3 bananas, about a 1/4 cup of raw pumpkin seed butter and about a teaspoon of wheatgrass powder to help regulate my blood sugar. Drinking the smoothie also helped me emotionally to overcome my doubts and fears about eating this way because it was filling and satisfying to my body. I feel at peace now and am not worried about the things I was earlier.

4:00 PM- I ate a pear expecting to eat more, but it completley satisfied me. I am starting to really enjoy eating nothing but raw foods. I overcame a major temptation a little while ago while making dinner for the kids. They had Mexican Food, which is one of my old time favorites. I am really proud of myself for making such a wise decision to let my health be more important than giving into temptation.

6:45 PM- I wasn't hungry, so I made myself a smoothie just for the sake of trying to get more calories. My smoothie consisted of 2 bananas, 2 oranges, 3 tbsp of wheatgrass powder & 1 tbsp of maca root powder. I am actually starting to prefer the taste of these smoothies over the taste of a cooked meal. I just feel so "alive" when I drink them.

0 Comments: